Tuesday, December 3, 2013

A return, and some fun pics

I am happy to say that after a few month haitus, I am officially back :)

Daily paintings will return (soon) as will more sculpting, and work on a few new projects. Tonight I spent my time doing some visual studies on a wood texture I was going to start soon.  The texture will (when done) be a tiling wood texture. Before I started though I wanted to get it in an engine (I chose marmoset for now) and see how different values held up and matched with lighting.

I chose 2 default images from marmoset (the forests) and one of my own (closer to my final image) to test out what I thought could be some of the final lighting. For the most part I was looking for darks that were too dark, and lights that were too light, as well as how the value range was getting shown once the image based lighting was hitting it.

The other thing I was doing was some testing with techniques to remove lighting from photos, as well as some fast normal creation techniques, and how they played with heightmaps. For a few hours play, the results were pretty good!

High rez link here: http://i.imgur.com/CD1GVdx.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment