Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Shot breakdown for a mini part of my short

So while my current job/life situation is keeping me crazy, I have recently decided to test certain aspects of my short in a 30 second video that hopefully will demonstrate certain skillsets and also help me test certain engine features. As a result I will be working from just one shot and got that shot set up yesterday. Here is a breakdown of how I got that process. (the shot is around 50% Lighting is not even close to started and I still have plenty of foliage to do, plus the robot).

Thursday, January 15, 2015

More Work on the short!

Back to working hard at the short. Tweaking lighting and re familiarizing myself with some settings I changed. On the to do list:

Get my device blockout in the shot
Optimize some of my shaders down while retaining visual quality
Tweak foliage densities at mid distances to make the forest feel far more lush

Daily Environment Study #163

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

First shots of the device in the short!

Finally getting the concepts that were done for the robot/device in the short into 3d! First shots here

Monday, January 12, 2015

A bit of an absence renewed and some more daily work

Unfortunately due to deadlines and my new job I haven't been keeping up with this nearly as much as I would like. Hoping to change this as the new year starts, and also do some organizational work (probably moving my daily work to a new blog to keep it separate from my main one).